GIS/Remote Sensing Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2018
END DATE 3/7/2019
Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID
# of Openings
US-FL-Tampa | US-VA-Fairfax
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a GIS/Remote Sensing Intern for projects in our Tampa, FL and Fairfax, VA offices. This is an excellent internship opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join an exciting team of professionals. The position offers a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to a variety of projects. Typical projects involve assisting federal, state and local clients in creating Land Cover/Land Use data, Elevation data derived from LiDAR as well as environmental mapping projects.
Technical responsibilities may include:
* Assisting Dewberry s analysts in updating Land use/Land Cover data;
* Working with elevation data derived from LiDAR;
* Quality assurance of orthophotos;
* Developing flood risk products and performing flood risk assessments;
* Checking for graphical and technical accuracy of project deliverables and associated reports
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* Candidates are required to be currently enrolled in a Bachelors or degreed program to be considered for this internship; geography or GIS degrees preferred.
* Knowledge, interest, and project experience in GIS (ArcGIS 9 or higher) applications
* Strong oral, people, and written communication skills
* ESRI ArcGIS Skillsets
* Knowledge of LiDAR
* Knowledge of Digital elevation models
* Knowledge of Orthoimagery
* Knowledge of Land Use/Land Cover
* Knowledge Wetlands and Benthic habitats
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor new applicants for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. A conviction does not automatically disqualify an applicant. If a conviction is discovered, Dewberry will analyze the nature and gravity of the offense or conduct, the time that has passed since the offense, conduct and/or completion of the sentence, and the nature of the position sought, taking into consideration whether the conviction is related to the position for which the individual is applying, compromises Dewberry s Code of Ethics policy, or presents any safety or security risks, before an employment decision is made. These background screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law.